Sock it to Me.

31 07 2007

I finished a pair of languishing socks on Friday night. I cast on for these in April (?). They must have felt horribly neglected when the yarn from Cider Moon came and I immediately cast on and finished those socks, bought MORE sock yarn, and cast on for another pair.

Thuja Sock
Pattern: Thuja from Knitty

Yarn: Gloss Essential from Knitpicks, in Serengheti colorway.

Needles: Size 1 US (Boy did it feel strange to pick those little needles up after knitting the Wallaby on US 6 and the other socks on US4).

Modifications: Since Thuja calls for a worsted weight yarn, which I didn’t have, I used fingering and just cast on 64 stitches (per Ann Budd pattern). The heel and the toe were both from Knitting Vintage Socks. I don’t remember the heel, but the toe was a wide toe.

Misc: Originally I used a three needle bind off for the first sock, but it felt too cramped and weird, so I ripped that out and add another 1/2 inch in length. I redid the wide toe with the Kitchner.   When I was decreasing on the gusset, I stopped before I did on sock #1.   I counted and I thought it was the same, but when I was finishing the toe….it obviously wasn’t.   The wide toe on the left is much wider than the wide toe on the right.   I actually like the left one better, so it is something to remember….




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: